The Secret to a Self-Managed Super Fund
A self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) helps you save for your retirement. Whether you’re in Rockhampton or surrounds, we can help you navigate this complex process.
The idea of being in control of own your superannuation can be appealing at first. However, managing it yourself is a major financial decision that comes with risks and responsibilities. It also takes extra time and effort. Are you ready?
Without the right advice, this can cause all sorts of headaches – that’s where we come in, providing you with transparent guidance that’s reliable and up-to-date.
How do SMSFs work?
When you set up your own superannuation, you’ll need to set up a trust – which involves up to four members or trustees. Together, you’ll have authority and direct control over the investments you make towards your retirement savings.
What are some of the risks of a self-managed super fund?
Each member is responsible for day-to-day decisions about how the fund operates, and for meeting relevant laws. This means:
- You are personally liable for all decisions made, even by another member.
- You’ll face significant penalties if requirements are not complied with.
- You’ll still be responsible even if your circumstances change – ie. losing your job if you can’t continue with investments, etc.
- You may lose insurance when moving from a retail or industry fund.
- You won’t be eligible for compensation schemes in the event you lose money through theft or fraud.
What about the responsibilities?
SMSFs are regulated by the ATO – meaning there’ll be annual auditing, reporting and tax obligations you must comply with.
We can help you
Our expert specialists know all the ins and outs, and we’re here to make the process simple for you. We can advise and guide you through the process of setting up and operating while ensuring all legal requirements are met.
We’ll also handle the administrative side for you to make sure your tax and accounting are kept in one place – and help you adjust to all life’s changes as they come.